WYNDHAM
Home » News » Lucky lotto win for Hoppers Crossing couple

Lucky lotto win for Hoppers Crossing couple

A Hoppers Crossing husband and wife are planning to renovate their house after winning more than $444,000 in the weekend’s TattsLotto draw.

The lucky winners held one of the 10 division one winning entries from Saturday’s draw. Each entry took home a prize worth $382,311.53.

As well as scoring the division one prize, the couple also scored division two six times, division three 18 times, division four 90 times and division five 60 times, boosting their total prize to $444,418.43.

Speaking to Tatts official this morning, the wife – who asked not to be named – said she and her partner “were just standing in our kitchen” when they found out about their win on Sunday.

“I had jotted down the numbers on Saturday night but hadn’t checked our tickets yet,” she said.

“My husband saw them and said, ‘Are these the TattsLotto numbers?’ and when I told him, ‘Yes’, he said, ‘Those are the numbers I play every week’.”

“I quickly grabbed my phone and scanned the ticket on the app and that’s when we saw that we had all of the winning numbers.

“They are the numbers we’ve played for years and years. They are a mix of birthdays and other favourite numbers.

“We didn’t do anything to celebrate afterwards though, it was off to work as normal.”

When asked how they planned to enjoy their TattsLotto windfall, the woman said she had already called some tradies to get quotes for a renovation.

“We’ve already called the tiler and the plasterer as we are desperate to renovate our house,” she said.

“We’ve got a lot of things to do around the house but once they are done, we’ll be able to sit back, relax and enjoy it.

“We might even take the kids out bush for a holiday afterwards.”

The regular players purchased their System 10 marked entry from Super Lotto, at Hogans Shopping Centre in Hoppers Crossing.

Super Lotto owner John Falduto said he was very excited his outlet had sold its first division one winning entry since he took over the business.

“I’m absolutely thrilled to have sold a division one winning entry,” he said.

“I’ll be decorating the store in celebration and telling all of our customers. They will be very happy for us and the winner.

“The last time the outlet sold a division one winning entry was six years ago, and we’ve sold over 10  division one winning entries since the store has been open.

“Congratulations to our winners. We hope this win fills their lives with joy and happiness.”

Digital Editions


  • Have your say on plant

    Have your say on plant

    The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) has received an application for a pork rendering facility in Laverton North. Submitted by JBS Pork Pty Ltd, the application…

More News

  • Renewable energy soars

    Renewable energy soars

    Energy and Resources Minister Lily D’Ambrosio has revealed that Victoria has exceeded its 2025 renewable energy target. Ms D’Ambrosio said renewables accounted for 44.6 per cent of the state’s electricity…

  • Multicultural health committee expanded

    Multicultural health committee expanded

    Victoria’s Multicultural Health Advisory Committee has been expanded in an effort to make the state’s health system more inclusive and increasingly diverse. Health Minister Mary-Anne Thomas unveiled the strengthened and…

  • Funding to improve road safety across Victoria

    Funding to improve road safety across Victoria

    Victorian community organisations and groups will get a total of $600,000 in grants from the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) to develop and implement local road safety projects. The funding, part…

  • Celebrity alcohol ads slip into teens’ Insta feeds

    Celebrity alcohol ads slip into teens’ Insta feeds

    Celebrities are promoting their own alcohol products on Instagram without a clear disclosure of advertising content and almost all posts are visible to underage users, according to new research from…

  • New toolkit to help women report abuse in sport

    New toolkit to help women report abuse in sport

    Australian women face significant risk when disclosing gender-based violence in sport and quite often receive inadequate or harmful responses according to new research from La Trobe Univeristy. The research project,…

  • Finalists announced for AFL community venue award

    Finalists announced for AFL community venue award

    The 2025 finalists have been announced for the AFL’s Ken Gannon Football Facilities Award, recognising the projects that set the benchmark in best-practice design and development to help the continued…

  • Testing the limits of wearable tech

    Testing the limits of wearable tech

    Smartwatches and other wearable devices are ubiquitous in the world of sport and fitness. But how well do they really measure when other variables are in play? That’s exactly what…

  • Aussie kids salt risk

    Aussie kids salt risk

    Research taken from Deakin University has suggested most Australian children are at risk of developing high blood pressure at a younger age due to eating too much salt. In a…

  • Residents encouraged to mind water usage

    Residents encouraged to mind water usage

    Residents across Melbourne’s north and west are being called upon to reduce their water consumption as state storage levels fall to 61% of capacity. This current level marks a decrease…

  • Additional health test for newborns

    Additional health test for newborns

    Victoria has become the first Australian jurisdiction to include sickle cell disease in its universal newborn health screening program. This expansion brings the total number of rare but serious conditions…