WYNDHAM
Home » News » International flights return to Avalon

International flights return to Avalon

Melbourne Avalon Airport has unveiled a major expansion that will begin in 2026 and includes a return to international flights as well as improved public transportation connections.

On Monday 10 November, Jetstar announced its biggest commercial aviation expansion out of Avalon, launching new international flights to Bali, restarting flights to Adelaide and adding more Brisbane services.

The development is expected to add more than 330,000 low-fare seats annually to and from Melbourne’s secondary airport.

Jetstar’s new Bali service will be the airline’s first international route from Melbourne Avalon, marking a milestone for the airport’s largest carrier.

Avalon has not offered international flights since March 2020 as a result of the covid pandemic.

From 23 March, 2026, Jetstar will operate five return flights a week between Melbourne Avalon and Bali (Denpasar),

Starting on 26 March, 2026, up to seven weekly flights will run between Avalon and Adelaide, while five additional flights to Brisbane will also be implemented.

In conjunction with the announcement, the state government announced that the new route 18 bus service will connect the airport and employment precinct to Lara Station seven days a week.

Jetstar chief executive Stephanie Tully said the carrier is proud to be boosting Melbourne Avalon Airport with this new investment.

“Whether it’s a family holiday in Bali or a weekend away in Adelaide or Brisbane, these services give Victorians even more options to take off more, for less,” Ms Tully said.

“This investment will see thousands more customers fly through Melbourne’s second airport gateway, supporting the economic growth of Melbourne, Geelong, the Surf Coast and the Bellarine Peninsula.

“I want to thank the Victorian Government, Melbourne Avalon Airport and Adelaide Airport for their support of low fares travel.”

Avalon’s chief executive Ari Suss said he was excited to have international services return to Avalon.

“The Avalon – Jetstar partnership is now into its 22nd year and this renewed partnership both in domestic and international services, will deliver more frequency and better connections, and the ability for people between Melbourne and Geelong to start their journey closer to home,” Mr Suss said.

Digital Editions


  • New treatment options for anaphylaxis

    New treatment options for anaphylaxis

    Two new emergency treatment options will become available in Victorian schools to aid students at risk of anaphylaxis. Education Minister Ben Carroll announced the two…

More News

  • Crack down on dodgy drivers

    Crack down on dodgy drivers

    New reforms will be introduced to protect Victorian taxi or ride-share passengers from being ripped off. The reforms, which come into effect on Sunday 1 March, will make it easier…

  • Bryant takes charge of Marvels

    Bryant takes charge of Marvels

    New Victoria Marvels coach Jason Bryant is hoping to create something to bring more opportunities and a bigger focus to wheelchair basketball. After having a women’s side last year, Basketball…

  • Inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes

    Inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes

    The Victorian Parliament’s Legal and Social Issues Committee is moving forward with a formal inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes. The investigation is designed to analyse the frequency of targeted attacks,…

  • Festival for all abilities

    Festival for all abilities

    Ability Fest is returning to Melbourne on April 11, 2026, with a new focus on industrial venue accessibility at The Timber Yard in Port Melbourne. The event marks a shift…

  • Ballan Autumn Festival’s landmark event

    Ballan Autumn Festival’s landmark event

    Ballan’s favourite community festival is set to return for its 50th annual event on Sunday 15 March, celebrating local culture, creativity, and community. The Ballan Autumn Festival is one of…

  • Education centre supported

    Education centre supported

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 255196 Wyndham council has approved plans to develop land in Hoppers Crossing into an education centre. At the 10 February planning meeting, councillors unanimously…

  • Sparked up for servo

    Sparked up for servo

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 255196 Plans to develop a service station with an electric charging port for trucks in Laverton North has been given the green light by…

  • Man arrested after stolen car stalls

    Man arrested after stolen car stalls

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 206998 A man has been arrested following a short foot pursuit in Werribee the morning of Friday 20 February after a stolen car stalled.…

  • Williamstown cold case mystery

    Williamstown cold case mystery

    Thirty-two years ago, 79-year-old Leah Buck was attacked and robbed in Williamstown in broad daylight. The severe injuries she sustained would result in her death the following day. Her attacker…

  • Titans’ big pre-season

    Titans’ big pre-season

    Things are on the up for Tarneit in the Western Football League division 2 competition. After failing to win a game last season, the Titans under new coach James Foord…