WYNDHAM
Home » News » Melbourne’s most delicious festival is back

Melbourne’s most delicious festival is back

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival is returning from 20 to 29 March with 200 events to whet the appetites of foodies seeking uniquely Victorian experiences.

Tourism, Sport and Major Events Minister Steve Dimopoulos and Food + Drink Victoria chief executive officer Anthea Loucas Bosha unveiled the 2026 program, which fuses local and international culinary delights at events in Melbourne and regional Victoria.

As one of Victoria’s signature events, the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival plays a key role in attracting visitors and boosting the state’s $43.7 billion visitor economy – accelerating economic activity and supporting almost 300,000 jobs across the state.

“The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival is quintessentially Victorian – a melting pot of culture and culinary delights – while supporting almost 300,000 jobs across the state,” Mr Dimopoulos said.

“Victorians play a vital role at every stage of producing our world-class food and beverages – so whether you’re dining in Frankston or Kew, you’re enjoying the work of one of the most talented workforces in the world.”

The iconic World’s Longest Lunch will celebrate Australia’s Greek influence through a menu designed by author Ella Mittas, chefs from CBD hit restaurant Kafeneion and Yarraville sensation Tzaki. Held across 600 metres of table winding through Kings Domain, the 1,600-seat event is expected to sell-out quickly.

The festival’s international guests program features an exciting lineup of chefs from Thailand, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Malta and the United Kingdom.

Visiting chefs will team up with some of Melbourne’s most-loved establishments including Maha, Brico, Omnia, Osteria Ilaria and Farmer’s Daughters, and in regional Victoria, events at Trapeze Wines and Phillip Island Winery will offer special dining experiences only available through the festival program.

The festival also includes the Southern Hemisphere debut of the international cake sensation, Cake Picnic, in Kings Domain on 21 March.

Cake Picnic has captured the world’s attention with a delicious proposition: no cake, no entry. Everyone must bring a cake, and in turn can sample an extraordinary collection of baking.

The jam-packed program will welcome three new free events across the city, including The Spicy Side of Collins Street, The Festival of Korean Fried Chicken, and Something Saucy: The Pizza Party.

“From a Greek-themed World’s Longest Lunch, the global sensation that is CAKE PICNIC, our supersized baking fair Baker’s Dozen at Fed Square, an extraordinary line-up of international culinary talent and 200 events in restaurants and venues across the state, there is so much to be excited by in the 2026 Melbourne Food & Wine Festival program,” Ms Loucas Bosha said.

“For 10 days in March there will be nowhere better to eat and drink in the world.”

Tickets for the 2026 Melbourne Food & Wine Festival go on sale at 10am on Thursday 27 November.

Details: melbournefoodandwine.com.au

Digital Editions


  • New treatment options for anaphylaxis

    New treatment options for anaphylaxis

    Two new emergency treatment options will become available in Victorian schools to aid students at risk of anaphylaxis. Education Minister Ben Carroll announced the two…

More News

  • Crack down on dodgy drivers

    Crack down on dodgy drivers

    New reforms will be introduced to protect Victorian taxi or ride-share passengers from being ripped off. The reforms, which come into effect on Sunday 1 March, will make it easier…

  • Bryant takes charge of Marvels

    Bryant takes charge of Marvels

    New Victoria Marvels coach Jason Bryant is hoping to create something to bring more opportunities and a bigger focus to wheelchair basketball. After having a women’s side last year, Basketball…

  • Inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes

    Inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes

    The Victorian Parliament’s Legal and Social Issues Committee is moving forward with a formal inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes. The investigation is designed to analyse the frequency of targeted attacks,…

  • Festival for all abilities

    Festival for all abilities

    Ability Fest is returning to Melbourne on April 11, 2026, with a new focus on industrial venue accessibility at The Timber Yard in Port Melbourne. The event marks a shift…

  • Ballan Autumn Festival’s landmark event

    Ballan Autumn Festival’s landmark event

    Ballan’s favourite community festival is set to return for its 50th annual event on Sunday 15 March, celebrating local culture, creativity, and community. The Ballan Autumn Festival is one of…

  • Education centre supported

    Education centre supported

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 255196 Wyndham council has approved plans to develop land in Hoppers Crossing into an education centre. At the 10 February planning meeting, councillors unanimously…

  • Sparked up for servo

    Sparked up for servo

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 255196 Plans to develop a service station with an electric charging port for trucks in Laverton North has been given the green light by…

  • Man arrested after stolen car stalls

    Man arrested after stolen car stalls

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 206998 A man has been arrested following a short foot pursuit in Werribee the morning of Friday 20 February after a stolen car stalled.…

  • Williamstown cold case mystery

    Williamstown cold case mystery

    Thirty-two years ago, 79-year-old Leah Buck was attacked and robbed in Williamstown in broad daylight. The severe injuries she sustained would result in her death the following day. Her attacker…

  • Titans’ big pre-season

    Titans’ big pre-season

    Things are on the up for Tarneit in the Western Football League division 2 competition. After failing to win a game last season, the Titans under new coach James Foord…