WYNDHAM
Home » News » Park to pop up again

Park to pop up again

The popular Point Cook Pop Up Park is set to return this year.

The pop up park will run for eight weeks between February 4 and March 29. Now into its third year, the park will include movie nights and live music.

Last year’s pop up park attracted more than 90,000 visitors and hosted more than 270 free events and activities, supported by Wyndham council, Stockland, local groups and businesses.

Co-leads of the park project, Susan McIntyre and Sara Mitchell, said they believed community-led placemaking created a unique experience of bringing locals together to collaborate, share ideas and make things happen.

The two women said that in addition to giving people a place to meet and get to know one another, the park would help to support the local economy. In February, the park will act as a chill-out zone for the Point Cook Lunar New Year Festival.

In March, the park will host its colourful signature Bolly Holi event. The park will be situated in the restaurant precinct of the Stockland Point Cook Town Centre in Murnong Street.

Anyone interested in getting involved is encouraged to get in touch with the park’s organisers via www.facebook.com/PCPOPUP or pcpopup1@gmail.com.

Digital Editions


  • Eskimo Joe to headline west festival

    Eskimo Joe to headline west festival

    Australia’s beloved alt-rock power trio Eskimo Joe are sure to have audiences up on their feet when they headline the Lincoln Park Twilight Festival. Held…

More News

  • Australia gears up for its biggest cuppa yet!

    Australia gears up for its biggest cuppa yet!

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 497716 Cancer Council is calling on Aussies to rally their family, friends, and even their workmates, for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, the nation’s iconic…

  • Police appeal for information on the disappearance of Brendan Breen

    Police appeal for information on the disappearance of Brendan Breen

    Police are calling for information as part of their investigation into the suspicious disappearance of Brendan Breen 14 years ago. The then 55-year-old was last seen in Melbourne on 12…

  • Crack down on dodgy drivers

    Crack down on dodgy drivers

    New reforms will be introduced to protect Victorian taxi or ride-share passengers from being ripped off. The reforms, which come into effect on Sunday 1 March, will make it easier…

  • Bryant takes charge of Marvels

    Bryant takes charge of Marvels

    New Victoria Marvels coach Jason Bryant is hoping to create something to bring more opportunities and a bigger focus to wheelchair basketball. After having a women’s side last year, Basketball…

  • Inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes

    Inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes

    The Victorian Parliament’s Legal and Social Issues Committee is moving forward with a formal inquiry into anti-LGBTIQA+ hate crimes. The investigation is designed to analyse the frequency of targeted attacks,…

  • Festival for all abilities

    Festival for all abilities

    Ability Fest is returning to Melbourne on April 11, 2026, with a new focus on industrial venue accessibility at The Timber Yard in Port Melbourne. The event marks a shift…

  • Ballan Autumn Festival’s landmark event

    Ballan Autumn Festival’s landmark event

    Ballan’s favourite community festival is set to return for its 50th annual event on Sunday 15 March, celebrating local culture, creativity, and community. The Ballan Autumn Festival is one of…

  • Education centre supported

    Education centre supported

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 255196 Wyndham council has approved plans to develop land in Hoppers Crossing into an education centre. At the 10 February planning meeting, councillors unanimously…

  • Sparked up for servo

    Sparked up for servo

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 255196 Plans to develop a service station with an electric charging port for trucks in Laverton North has been given the green light by…

  • Man arrested after stolen car stalls

    Man arrested after stolen car stalls

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 206998 A man has been arrested following a short foot pursuit in Werribee the morning of Friday 20 February after a stolen car stalled.…