Fire blazes through house in Truganina

Forty firefighters were on scene in Truganina. 242854_01

Fire Rescue Victoria responded to a call for a fire on top of a gas cooker in Truganina on the afternoon of Wednesday, June 22.

Emergency services were dispatched and arrived within seven minutes of the initial call to find the fire had spread to the roof of the two storey property on Everton Road just after 4pm.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus worked inside the home to minimise the fire and prevent it from spreading.

Outside, crews worked to protect neighbouring properties and the rear of the affected house.

The fire was declared under control at 4.52pm and all occupants were safely evacuated to the front street.

FRV said the fire appeared to be accidental.